Monday, September 8, 2008

September 10th is a good day to die


I really haven't even had time to read about this. But from what I understand, there's a chance that the Large Hadron Collider might create a black hole when they turn it on. And by "a chance" I mean "none whatsoever". But it's not the science, it's the realistic fiction that excites me.

A black hole, people. A black hole. The mere fact there is a giant machine that could (not really) end the world is awesome to me. I am really excited to be alive right now. Particularly if the world is going to end tomorrow. Lends some immediacy to the moment, y'know?

Of course, I know what will really happen when they turn it on. I read it in a Tom Swift book once (and only once, I was strictly a Hardy Boys guy). It'll create a small black hole, and someone will get sucked into it at the same exact time their evil twin comes shooting out into our world. It's science fact.

And yes, I know about the Hadron Collider Rap. But you know what? People do this kind of shit every day now. Welcome to 2008. We've got rapping physicists and black hole machines:

No comments: