Monday, February 4, 2008

The Birth of B. Lieve

Some of you may have been wondering about my "blogger handle". B Lieve sounds frighteningly, scientologingly religious, and I don't want to give anyone the wrong idea. So without further ado, exposition:

As a veteran of the Miami Ad School, I was once required to make a 16 page magazine about myself. Now I may be egotistical enough to create an entire blog centered around yours truly, but I draw the line at physical, papered, autobiography. Besides, I was interning for these guys. And a full-time student. I sat down to do this thing 3 days before it was due.

After about a day and a half, sleep deprivation kicked in and I was struck by a gleaming ray of brilliance. Or an aneurysm. Either way it occurred to me that there was a very simple way for me to fill up pages in this damnable magazine. So simple, so second nature, that I was willing to bet none of my other advertising classmates would think of it.

I would throw in some ads.

You might have thought just inserting my favorite portfolio piece was the way to go. You would be wrong. (see part A of this post- I'm not that egotistical.) Clearly this called for something totally original. Something like this:


Which was then shortly followed by this:


For those too lazy to click, the copy reads: B. Lieve by Ben Levy. Fashion from a man who knows nothing about it.

Indeed.

It should also be noted that I made a shirt like the guy is wearing in the first one. I wore it proudly until the day I was married. I wanted to make matching bumper stickers that said "My other car is an engagement ring". I would have made millions.

1 comment:

N94622 said...

Thanks for explaining the copy, for I was too lazy to click.

Dont let fame change you Ben. Remember me when youre on top. And merrkats, remember meerkats too.