Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Reason # 2,645 I love my wife


It only took me two years, but last week I managed to switch my NJ plates for a FL one. However, since Florida only requires you to post one license on your car (they assume most criminals fleeing the scene will not do so in reverse) I now had an ugly, empty license plate holder on the front of my car. Not particularly concerned, I went to work.

Jodi (the wife) was also getting some new plates that morning. She then went off to medical school and did doctor-in-training things. She then, for no particular reason, went out and tracked down a decorative plate for me.

She has a smiley face on her car. That's great for her, but I'd lose major street cred with my peeps in the ghetto if I rolled up with my ride smilin'. So she goes in search of a dragon. No dragon can be found. And so she greets me, at the door, with a griffon. Apologizing (if you can believe this) that it isn't a dragon.

And that is reason # 2,645 that I love my wife.

No comments: