Monday, March 31, 2008

A thousand words now worth a picture.


This was a lot cooler when I thought I could get it to work on my blog. I can't though. I suspect it has to do with the CSS. But frankly, the people who created this are waaaay smarter than I am, so I'm not about to screw with it.

Essentially, this trick uses technology (or "magic") to alter text so that when you highlight it, it shows colors instead of letters. We can now see exactly how many words a given picture is worth. Only catch is, since each letter equals one square of color, unless you scroll over an entire copy of War and Peace, the image will appear pixelated. Of course, if you ask me, that just means you have to use it in an ad for geeks or gamers. Don't you agree, 8-bit Mario screenshot?

I'm determined to use this. So when you see this shit in a banner ad, you'll know it was me what put it there.

No comments: